Thursday, February 15, 2007

We lost a good one yesterday...

A good friend died yesterday. Carl was a long time leader at Celebrate Recovery, and was probably the best display of a servant I have ever seen. Not only did Carl serve but he did so gladly without ever wanting attention.

I'm grieving today. I haven't really lost that many people. When my Grandpa died I was a mess for weeks. Losing Carl is right up there. He brought joy wherever he went.

Carl impacted literally thousands of lives. You can't ask for more than that. He made a difference for Christ, and I know that he's with Him now.

When I think of Carl, I think of James 4:10, "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up."

That's Carl. Humble servant that never wanted attention, that everyone knew, and everyone loved.

He will be missed.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Was this the Carl who took care of the plants in the office??

Johnny Baker said...

Yeah, that's the one.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

ohhh NO!! That's IS so sad. I'm sorry for all of our loss.