Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My messy car...

I don't know how it happened. About a month ago I decided to clean out my trash can (car) and keep it clean for a while. Let me try to explain the nastiness that is (was) my car.

I wasn't able to open the passenger side door. Well, I could open it but doing so would risk an avalanche of trash to spill out. Empty water bottles, diet coke cans, McDonald's wrappers, basically anything that was no longer useful was piled on the floor of the passenger side. This started small but grew so high that it was even with the seat. It was one level, I could place something on top of it and not have to bend down to reach it.

The back was worse. I had trash bags full of clothes that were supposed to go to Good Will months ago. Boxes of books and other crap that never made it to storage or the office or the nearest dumpster. It was embarrassing.

Of the 5 available seats only the drivers seat was open. Nice.

So one day I cleaned it out and spent $100 on a detail. I kept it looking sweet for about 3 weeks. Then, as it always does, life got crazy and my car is on it's way to trash can status again.

I honestly don't know how it happened. I do know this, I'm not happy about it. I'm so ashamed.

4 comments:

Allison said...

One time Matt McGill went to the movies wearing sweatpants with no pockets, so he didn't want to bring his keys in. He decided to leave the car unlocked and hide his laptop under all of the trash in his backseat.

Post movie, laptop was missing...

That's what happens to people with too much trash in their car.

Alanna Moine said...

and to think...I used to look up to you...slob.

Well...you should see my room.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

This is not nearly as bad as someone I knew who lost a bag of frozen chicken breasts in her car and couldn't find it for weeks....that's right weeks, any by that time they were way beyond thawed. I can't go into detail because I will vomit, but just know it wasn't rice all over the chicken.

Anonymous said...

Stop the shame. It's a genetic curse and you can't be held responsible.

Who said cars were supposed to be clean anyway? Where is it written, I ask you? Whose rules are we following here, anyway?

Lu