Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Addiction

So, I've avoided this for a long time, but it's time to come clean.

I have a new addiction. I'm addicted to Starbucks. Actually, I should say, "My name is Johnny and I'm a believer who struggles with Lattes. And Espresso. "

I know that many of you struggle with similar Starbucks addiction. For me, it crept up on me, out of the blue. Sneaky Starbucks.

It started with coffee on Saturday mornings, a treat, an indulgence for me and Jeni. But things quickly spun out of control. Soon I was going to Starbucks alone, sneaking a latte at lunch, or in the morning before work.

Then it hit me. For my coffee, for just my drinks, I'm dropping 5 dollars a day. 5 dollars. For coffee.

I tried to resist this morning, but we're out of coffee at home. What am I supposed to do? I NEED coffee. So again this morning, 5 dollars.

For coffee.

1 comment:

Allison said...

What the heck drink are you getting for 5 dollars?!