Monday, May 07, 2007

SNL in the 90's...

So, I don't know if you caught it last night, but NBC ran a special of highlights from SNL from what I consider the "glory days" of the show.

Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy SNL even today. I like the digital shorts and I think this new cast is coming into it's own. But come on, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Will Ferrel, Chris Rock, Tim Meadows, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, David Spade and more on the same show? Can you beat that?

No. The answer is no, you cannot beat that. All in all it was a pretty entertaining two hours of tv. When I think about how much SNL has formed my view on pop culture and entertainment, it kind of blows me away.

I'd say, Star Wars and Saturday Night Live are probably more responsible for my world view and sense of humor than anything else.

3 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Star Wars does not = humor.

Allison said...

I would definitely agree with you on those two having a large impact on today's culture, but I would not say Star Wars is helping the world's humor.

Unknown said...

You guys just don't get it, do you?

JG