Tuesday, May 15, 2007

So Rhapsody kind of rules...

Don't get me wrong iTunes, you're still my go-to-buy-music-and-download-to-my-iPod online music site. I love you. You make my world a little brighter. But for finding out about new music, Rhapsody takes the cake.

I subscribe to Rhapsody which means I can listen to music and even put it on my computer for like 15 bucks a month. (Note: I didn't say download on purpose. I think the correct term is "stream" but I don't know. If you need Rhapsody 101 ask Josh Warren.)

They have this genre thing where you can go through all kinds of music and hear things you've never heard of before. Here are some bands I was introduced to (not in person) through this service:

Rasputina: So, cello rock? Yeah, it's weird, and sorta "goth" but I love me the cello and they're pretty awesome.
Elliot Smith: So sad, but great music. I know I'm late on this guy, but hey, I never said I was cool.
Feist: I know I'm probably late here too. I like her very much.

There's a bunch more, but I can't remember them now. Plus, I learned the term baroque-pop. I like that. I'm going to try to use that in a sentence today.

No comments: