Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Do you think...

God dislikes disciplining us as bad as I dislike disciplining my kids? Well, to be fair, kid. Chloe is only 8 months old...she hasn't done too much that requires discipline.

I hate disciplining Maggie. Let me make one thing clear, when I say discipline, I mean "time out." We don't spank...yet.

I give Maggie a two minute time out when she does something wrong. I hate it. She cries and looks at me like she doesn't get what's going on. She gets so sad. After the two minutes are up, I go to her and explain what she did that got her in trouble. Then I tell her I love her. Usually she's could have gotten hurt or hurt her little sister.

I was just wondering if God feels the same way when He disciplines me. Does He wish I would just do what He asks the first time? Does he count the seconds until my punishment is up so He can comfort me and tell me He loves me? How does it make Him feel when I keep doing something He's told me over and over agian not to do?

Just some questions. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I never thought of it like that, but I like it.

Allison said...

I can't imagine that God loves to discipline us...If He did, then He would love to send people to hell...I think He must feel just like you do.

Jason Pogue said...

Johnny Baker - the 21st century's greatest theologian. Good stuff!