Tuesday, December 12, 2006

White Elephant Gifts...

So tonight we have a little get together with our small group. Should be fun execpt...we are doing a white elephant gift exchange.

I don't like it. Not at all.

I like the funny gifts. I like the ugly, crazy regifts that pop up. What I don't like is two hours of sitting around exchanging them.

The rules are confusing. Sometimes you get to steal a gift, but that gift can only be stolen twice and then the gift is off the table. Or you can choose a gift from the pile or one from someone esle, and then they can choose a gift from the pile or from someone esle, and so on and so on.

Plus, I always get my feelings hurt if no one wants to steal the gifts I brought.

I think this could be fun if it lasted say, a half hour. But they're always like a game of Monopoly. They take forever and stop being fun about half way through.

By the way, I'm bringing a "Pooping reindeer." It's a candy dispenser but it looks like the deer is pooping. Very junior high. I love it.

1 comment:

Allison said...

We played this with my C-Group last night...our thought was that it would take up most of the group.

As it turns out, JH girls don't really love to steal from each other; they are perfectly content with the gifts that they open.