Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend recap...

So, this weekend was pretty cool. Here are some highlights:

On Saturday we went to the garden show at South Coast Plaza. I know, I know, you're overwhelmed with the pure testosterone that this event brings out. Trust me, there's nothing quite like searching out the "perfect orchid" to make you feel like a man.

I wish I could say that I was dragged there kicking and screaming, but the sad truth is, I was the one who wanted to go. We brought both of the girls and had a good time. We made of with some sweet orchids (just typing that made me feel shame) and a banzai tree for my desk at work.

Sunday, I took Chloe for the morning. I love having the girls one on one every now and then. In the afternoon we went to a birthday party for Olivia and Jackson. Good times.

When I was talking to another dad that I found out that I can carry out an entire conversation without actually looking at the person I'm talking to. He and I were talking and watching our kids at the same time. And never made eye contact.

Now, I realize that too much eye contact makes me feel uncomfortable.

Weird.

2 comments:

Allison said...

What a stretch for multi-tasking though...a few years ago I'll bet you would not have been able to track with the conversation without eye contact...now, with kids, you can do anything!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

ohh dang, everything about this post made me laugh and miss seeing you in the office!