Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th...

Some random ramblings about this scary day:

I am sort of ashamed to admit I have never seen a Friday the 13th movie. None of them. I think I get it.

In Jr High I did however have a Jason costume. In Jr High it wasn't all that cool to dress up anymore. I wore black and put on the mask. Pretty simple. I think there were like 10 other "Jason's" at that party. Oh, this was also the first time I drank. Peach and Peppermint schnapps. Yes it is embarrassing that my first drink was so girlie. And gross. One more thing about that costume...my mask was a glow in the dark number. Top that...I dare you.

I'm not sure what the big deal about Friday the 13th is. According to Wikipedia, there is some evidence that Friday the 13th can be unlucky. More people get into accidents and go to the hospital. I think that has more to do with people thinking today is unlucky than it actually being unlucky. You know, sort of like the grim in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban...I mean, I have no idea about those books they're evil and for kids.

Now because I've said that today isn't unlucky I'll probably end up in the hospital or something. That will be weird. I haven't been in the hospital in a long time and I really don't want to go today. It will probably be more crowded. If I end up in the ER tonight I'll agree that Friday the 13th is unlucky. Until then, bring it on Jason.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Are you still alive? Did you make it through the 13th?

I like that Harry Potter is "evil and for kids". Of course everything evil would be for kids...what else might you give to children?