Monday, October 16, 2006

The weather...

I know it sounds weird, but the weather totally affects (effects?) my mood. It goes so far to even influence the music I listen to. There are just certain bands I can't listen to when it's cold outside. Here are my fall/ winter music choices:

  1. Sufjan Stevens. This one is new to me, but he is really cool and folky. Sounds like he belongs on the Garden State soundtrack.
  2. Tori Amos. I know, very fem, very 90s. I can embrace that.
  3. Colin Hay
  4. Damien Rice. Good stuff.
  5. Iron and Wine. Maybe too cool for me.
  6. Yo-Yo Ma. He plays the cello. So good. Try it, you'll like it.
  7. Tom Waits. I can't stress this enough. Go to iTunes, buy some Tom Waits (start with Rain Dogs) and listen to it incessantly. You might not like it at first, but you will. And when you do, you'll thank me.

You know, if I really think about it, I've been getting ready for the winter for a while now. Most of my music purchases have been in this vein. Anyone else have seasonal music?

Hello?

Anyone there?

2 comments:

Allison said...

I listen to Postal Service in the rain...and Norah Jones (the 1st album)...and Teitur...and typically some Coldplay...oooh...and some Radiohead

Those are the first things I go to when it's cold and rainy...or when I'm really sleepy...

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

When weather is like this...it's then that I think, hell can't be that bad...expecially if it's as hot as they say!

Michael Buble
Sara Groves
Mason Jennings
David Wilcox
and an everday listen...James Taylor