Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween...

This is the first year that Maggie really "gets" Halloween. She loves the idea of the free candy. Last night we went to the Halloween thang over at California Adventure and it was pretty cool. Maggie decided at the last minute that she'd like to be Cinderella. Since we already have the dress (and shoes and tiara and wand and gloves and purse...sick I know) it was an easy costume.

I'll say this, the people that work at Disneyland, while sometimes rude to adults, are awesome with kids. The referred to Maggie as Cinderella and kept asking her if she had both of her shoes. I haven't seen the movie lately so it took me a few minutes for that to register.

Maggie had about 4 Tootsie Rolls before we cut her off. Good times.

The thing is sometimes I have to wonder about how they decide which characters will be available for autographs. We waited in line for about 30 min to see three princesses. The way they work this thing is that you can't see the princesses until you get through the line. I was expecting Cinderella (Mag's favorite) or at least a Snow White. Who'd we get? Freaking Mulan, Jazmine and Pocahontas. I have no idea if I spelled these "princesses" names right and frankly I don't care. My kid wants Cinderella. Belle. Sleeping Beauty. You know a Princess.

I know that to those of you who a) don't have kids or b) don't have girls, this doesn't seem like a big deal. But I assure you, to a two year old who thinks she IS Cinderella it is a very big deal. It took me like 2 hours to shake off the disappointment.

I'm better now.

2 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I want to see a pic.

Allison said...

Oh, your kid is cute...I wish she wanted to be my friend!