Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ahhh, the good ol' days....

So I was reminded during a conversation with Allison, yesterday of my Junior High days. By the way, according to Allison, I am the third coolest person in the church office.

I was not cool in junior high. First of all, I had a mullet. I loved it. I wanted to grow my hair long but my mom said no. So it was a mullet for me. Secondly, I wore Guns 'n Roses T-shirts almost every day.

The thing that really set me apart from the cool kids was Monica. I was infatuated with Monica. She was a bad girl. I remember seeing her smoking in the mall. Awesome. She had no idea I was alive. I was a poser bad kid, she was the real thing.

One day I decided to declare my love for her by writing, I love Monica on my hand. This is painful to write, it actually hurts me to write these things down.

After that, she noticed me...in the exact wrong way. I think she sort of pitied me, I don't know, because we never spoke.

Monica disappeared in the 8th grade. Wild rumors spread all over the school about her.

I think I'll have a reoccurring post dedicated to my stupidity with women. Sweet.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'd also like to see a recurring post with theories about Monica's whereabouts.