Friday, November 03, 2006

Sometimes I wonder...

If all of this technology is really a good thing. Do I really need so many ways for people to get a hold of me?

Cell phone, email, IM, texting...it goes on and on. Some days it feels like my phone doesn't stop ringing. My email box has to get full sooner or later, doesn't it.

Don't get me wrong, I like being able to get a hold of my friends and family, but for goodness sake, Sprint has a GPS on phones now. So now, if you can't get someone to answer their phone you can find out where they are. Sure for now this only works with people on your plan, but soon you'll be able to locate anyone, anywhere. Scary.

I'm not afraid of technology, in fact, I embrace it. But sometimes I'd like to be able to sit in a coffee shop or bookstore and not have to be on the phone the whole time.

Sometimes, I'd just like to be quiet.

I'm not even kidding, the stinking thing is ringing again.

After reading this post it occurs to me that "a hold" is a strange phrase. Is that the correct terminology? Something seems weird.

No comments: