Monday, November 06, 2006

Mold...

We have mold in our kitchen. Black mold. According to the "mold guys" this is "toxic." I don't know if I "believe them" or not but I'll tell you this... it is going to cost me a ton of money to get this junk removed.

They use all these "filters" and "fans" to "remove" all of the "spores" that somehow make you "sick."

I'm conflicted. On one hand I think they're scam artists playing on the fears of people that have seen the news stories about this mold. On the other hand I'm freaked that someday one of my girls will go to the doctor and find that something is terribly wrong with them. The doctor will decide it is "mold related" and I'll have to kill myself for not having it removed.

So while my "gut" says that this is a bunch of "crap" my guilt says I have "no choice" but to shell out the "cash".

2 comments:

Nadim Najm said...

ouch... not a fun situation... if it's better for the fam, it's worth the cash.

Allison said...

Didn't you see that movie Erin Brokovich? Sometimes bad things happen in homes...those "bad things" are mutations and defects...all because someone wanted to save some money.