Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sad news indeed...

There are few things in this life that are as sad as a childhood hope getting crushed. One of my fondest dreams just died.

Going through Maggie's Halloween candy I came across one of my all time favorite candies... the Tootsie Roll Pop. Orange. There isn't much better than that.

Out of habit when I opened it I looked for the kid aiming at a star with a bow and arrow. In elementary school this was required, for if you happened to be fortunate enough to see this image you won a free Tootsie Roll Pop. I never tried to redeem on of my stars but I always knew I could...until now.

My latest TRP didn't have the star. Undaunted I decided to check the Tootsie website to see if such a deal still exists, only to find IT NEVER DID.

According to the FAQ, Tootsie shows no record this deal ever existing and they have no idea of how it started.

I'm off to drown my sorrows in a bag of Halloween candy.

2 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

NO WAY!!!! It was NEVER true? This is a sad day indeed.

Allison said...

I once told my brother that if the crunchy cookie stick in a twix had 6 holes, he won a free package...unbeknownst to him, they ALL have 6 holes. He ate so many and thought he was the luckiest kid in the world!