Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm sitting in a Starbucks and...

There's a dude totally dressed like a pirate. At first I thought it was just a long overcoat, but no. Totally Pirate. Big buckles, bandana...the whole 9 yards. I'm torn between sadness and respect for this guy. On the one hand, he's dressed like a pirate in a Starbucks and, you know, that's kind of sad. I mean, does he think he IS a pirate? Is he still celebrating "Talk like a pirate day?" On the other hand he is completely committed to this look. He isn't doing it half way. Does he dress this way every day? Does he just want to be Capt. Jack Sparrow? I wish I could follow him around for the rest of the day just to see what he's like.

It is comforting to know that pirates drink Starbucks too.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Maybe he dresses up for parties? Maybe he's going to be an extra in a movie? Maybe he was just as embarrassed for himself as you were for him...Or maybe that's his favorite outfit and he was going to buy a parrot and needed to be sure it would match?

Anonymous said...

My comment seems to have been abducted (by a swashbuckling sea-farer, perhaps?) so I will try this again...

I repeat...

No self-respecting pirate would set foot in the 'bucks. You have been duped by an imposter, my friend.

Lu