Monday, September 11, 2006

Things I hate #2...

Membership cards. Why do we need to have a membership card to every stinking store we go to? Look. I'm all for saving money but do my keychain is getting ridiculous. Every time I go into a store to buy anything I'm asked if I have my membership card.

Other names for these cards are, value card, saving card, or my personal favorite, reward cards. Yeah that 15 cents saving is some great reward. Thanks.

It really isn't the card I have an issue with, it's more the cashier who asks for the card. If I don't have one they act insulted. It isn't a personal attack that I don't have an Albertson's card it's just that I only ran in to buy a few things and I do the majority of my shopping at Vons. Why do I need a card?

But as much as I dislike these cards, the real evil lies in the credit cards each store tries to get you to sign up for. Target, Nordstrom, you name it, it seems like every place you go into is just dying to give you 10% off if you open one of these accounts. I tell you that is just evil. Good luck getting a loan when you owe like, 30 stores a bunch of money because you've been using that convenient store credit card. Let me know how that works out for you.

Membership/reward cards and Store Credit cards...Evil and I hate them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those cards are beyond irritating, they are part of a scary and evil TRACKING SYSTEM! Big Brother is watching...like the red light cameras, ooh, don't get me started! Put those @#$%% things on your next list for me, please!

Lu